Saturday 13 August 2016

It's all about the small stuff

Image source: Google
Some cool things are happening and I don't quite know what to make of it all!

Recently, every now and then, I've been having moments of increased sensitivity. Really strange moments. 

One night last week I felt a twinge in my back left shoulder whilst at Fortify, a Christian youth event. I approached the microphone and explained the sensation which had disappeared as quickly as it had entered my back. I had no response until the next day when a friend text me saying she had that exact pain. I threw a quick prayer up to God and took authority over the pain in Jesus' name. The next text I received, hours later, was telling me that the pain went and never came back - she hadn't text earlier because it felt so back-to-normal that she had forgotten the pain was there in the first place!!!! So amazing!
This has happened before: a moment where I 'feel' pain and someone near me has that pain, we pray and it goes. Therefore, this particular incident didn't come as a big surprise to me, but filled me with an ever-increasing excitement that God reigns over all pain.

Some newer and more interesting moments of sensitivity are starting to occur and I'm really excited whilst being a little bit nervous to see what happens next on this little (or big!) journey with God.

Earlier today I was sat eating lunch with my dad. As I tucked into my sandwich I felt an overwhelming sense of faint-ness. I didn't feel quite in-the-room. I pondered on the feeling for a while and then put it down to a sudden, miniature wave of anxiety. What happened next baffled me... A girl at the counter staggered backwards and fell against the chair next to me, before being helped to her feet by her friends. As I turned to check she was okay, I saw her body limp in her friend's arms. She had fainted. She was lowered to the ground, feet up in the air, and she came to. We left at that moment; too many people in the small shop would only worsen that situation. 

There are a few things worth noting:
1) She staggered backwards. If she had fallen from the position she was in she would have hit her head on a sharp edge of the table or chair behind her. But she didn't fall straight away, she staggered, which gave her friends enough reaction time to catch her and prevented her from cracking her head and neck. This is an amazing 'mini miracle'. I can't help wonder if myself and my dad being there, and Holy Spirit living inside of us, helped prevent such an awful accident from happening. It certainly is thanks to God that the girl left unharmed.
2) I had a brief moment of feeling faint minutes before she fainted just a meter away from me. The more I think about this, the more I am realising I have been having these moments a lot. What I am now calling 'increased sensitivity' moments have been slipping into my life, subtly. As I pass people by I feel things differently - change of vision, change of senses, change of the way I walk. I want to start exploring what this means! Is God revealing these pains and illnesses to me so that I can pray out loud with the person experiencing these pains? Should I mutter a prayer as I pass by? Or I can pray blessings and healing for them in my head?

I'm full of questions and excited about a new adventure! 

Until next time, 

Amy xo

Image source: Google
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment