Tuesday 17 March 2015

That Matching Pyjama Feeling

Do you ever find that your Pyjama's never match? You just pick up the nearest top and the nearest bottoms and roll with it?
Despite my somewhat perfectionist tendencies I often find myself in a non-matching set of PJs and not minding. But why should we settle for second best when God loves us so much that He would like to give us THE best? Let me explain.
Sometimes we find ourselves in situations where we feel muddled and out of place. We feel like things aren't quite falling together as they should. I'm going to suggest, as many other Christian speakers will say, that you pray, pray and pray some more. If it doesn't feel quite right after some meditating prayer then perhaps it isn't right. God's plans for us aren't things that we don't like. In fact, they're things that we love. We were made by God, and He made you to love the things that you do so use them in your life. Still with me? We need to make a conscious effort to use the things that we love to serve our amazing God.
The other night I picked up a pair of matching pyjamas. This was not be coincidence but by choice. I went out of my way to find the matching top to the bottoms that I had picked out. It felt right. They matched. Granted, matching pyjamas do not make my life complete, but I'm using it as an analogy here. The point is, it felt right and it worked well, looked good, felt comfortable.
God's plan for you can work much in the same way. You may have to go out of your way to find the right path to take but once you're on track it feels right and the rest of your life begins to slot into place.
This isn't to say that you won't face struggles when you're on the right path. You might find a matching pair of PJs that has a hole in that needs sewing together. This shouldn't put you off choosing that path, though. God puts up in situations where we are tested in order to develop ourselves. For a little more information on this, see my recent blog post about trials and struggles here.
I pray that you all begin to know God's plan for you in some shape or form: use your skills!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment